Monday 15 April 2013

I Adore Leather - Parisienne Charm


 I am in LOOOVE with this new leather skirt! As soon as it arrived in pretty packaging on my doorstep I knew it would be a very versatile garment! My imagination went wild envisaging the many outfits I could style it in to.

Last weekend I wore it to brunch with earthy hued colours and a leopard scarf.
Yesterday (I had a rejuvenating escape to Sisters Beach and) went for "Parisienne Charm" with burgundy stripes, a Snow White scarf and natural 'pared back' make-up and hair. Just like the French!



Leather garments are excellent investment pieces as they can be styled into anything you desire.
You name it - tough, cute, girly, feminine, cocktail wear, day wear - the little leather garment can do it all! My latest idea is to style it up with a silky shirt, messy bun, heels and cocktail jewels for a night out with the girls. So some serious shopping ahead!



The floaty style of this A-line skirt was perfect for a day trip to Sisters Beach. I was free to frolic in the lush green forest and on the pristine beaches.  So frolic (as you can see) I did! :p



Speaking of which, we all have those places that we escape too when life gets exhausting. 
Working as a Journalist is quite tiring with long hours, day work, night work, weekend work, eek! It is also very fun (meeting celebrities, having VIP access to events, and no day is ever the same). But nonetheless exhausting as we rush to get out the news for tomorrows paper.



So as soon as my holidays began I hit the road for a rejuvenating escape. And fashion photoshoot hehe :p



I hope this blog (and the last) showcase how versatile leather is - and how easy it is to work into your wardrobe. Making a statement doesn't have to cost a lot of money either, by adding classic patterns like stripes or a leopard scarf it can add some extra sass to your look! :)

Below is another look I tried out for fun, but I think it would benefit from full length stockings, closed toe pumps and an up-do to offset the preppy collar. What do you think?

Have a fabulous afternoon, Happy Tuesday! 







No comments:

Post a Comment